Thursday, May 2, 2024

Perfect Stool

 


The Missus brought this home the other day. I wasn't in the market for a shop stool but this is actually a dandy. Heavy duty construction, seat height and angle are adjustable, as are the foot and back rests. Nice casters, too. I don't spend much time on my ass when I'm out in the shop but certain TIG jobs are best done in a seated position, especially when using the foot pedal. I was looking at finish welding the little rack I made for the Sportster the other day trying to pick things off the list that wouldn't aggravate the chest and that's a good candidate for sitting down, especially since I've got the TIG torch all setup for welding thin tubing after welding the baby crib part the other day. Finish the rack, then get the stool freshened up with some of that hammered finish silver paint.


We picked up the table top yesterday - just what the doctor ordered. It needs some varnish on it, so I'll take care of that this weekend. That'll be another job I can check off the list. 

I've been studying for my ham license a little every day. I shouldn't have any problem passing the test as long as I keep studying. However, time will tell.



No comments: