Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Stress Test

 


Surly and the grandson came down Sunday to help me out. While the grandson was mowing, Surly sharpened up my spare blades. He's not used to running a 9" hand grinder in his line of work. I use the big grinder because I can get the blades sharpened up in just a couple of passes. Surly was being a little more delicate but that's the difference between a machinist and a welder. In his defense, he works to .0001" on a regular basis. I normally work to the thickness of a soapstone. But he got them done well and I'm extremely grateful for the help.

I had a cardiac stress test yesterday morning early - like get up at 5:30 early. Everything went well as far as I could tell. I've had a couple of the treadmill tests in the past but since I can't run, I got the chemical version. I should find out the results in a couple of days.

After I came home and got a bite to eat, I installed the newly sharpened blades and changed the oil and filter on the mower. My groundskeeper forgot a big patch behind the chicken coop the other day, so I mowed that and used that as a checkup to make sure everything on the mower was functioning well. Running the mower per se didn't bother my chest, but bouncing around enough to get all of the yard mowed would. I'll keep the kid on the job for a while yet.

No comments: