Sunday, January 6, 2019

Lovely Weather



The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last couple of days. It was sunny and in the 50's yesterday. After taking the cat on it's last ride, I needed something to do so I tackled a couple of little chicken shit jobs around the shack. I had installed and caulked the new trim over the service door previously on another nice day, so I touched up the red paint around the trim covering up the caulk seam. Looks A-OK now. I'll paint the grill come springtime. It doesn't look like it but I put a coat of spar varnish on the door itself last fall. I should probably put another coat on that in the spring as well. I also caulked the holes the woodpecker made on the house trim and painted over them. I don't need water getting behind the trim and rotting things away.

While doing my inventory on the fire extinguishers recently, I figured I should have one on the old tractor. I don't have any in the barn where I keep it, so this way there will be one handy in there if ever I need one. I made a little back-up plate with threaded holes that goes on the inside of the frame rail. The spot I chose to mount it was a place where there was already a couple of holes in the frame. Easy enough.

Took the new motorcycle out for a little spin as long as it was nice. The manual gives the break-in speeds and revs and they are pretty low. Especially the mph. Might be a while before I can run it at highway speeds but that's alright. Put-puttin' around on the backroads or chasing parts doesn't require any blistering speed. It's supposed to be warm again today, so maybe I'll get it out again and put a few more miles on it. I did get my plate transferred and the insurance taken care of Friday so I'm set for at least a year in that regard.

Friday I also got the truck washed and cleaned out after making a trip north. Picked up a few things at Harbor Freight and Menards. Friday was my last paycheck for awhile so I figured I should stock up on some of the items that I had coupons for at Harbor Freight - like flap discs for 99 cents each - and a couple of sale items at Menards. Lots of running around but pretty productive couple of days. It's supposed to be warm again today and Monday, so I'll tackle a couple more things outside and then work on finishing up the machine work on the job for the high school.

No comments: