Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bicycle Race




















Photo from SandSpeedWales


There is an eight mile bicycle race in about three weeks that I'm thinking seriously of entering. I raced the same event about four years ago and it was a lot of fun. There was a mixed crowd of racers - serious and definitely not serious. I was second in my age group and I didn't really try too hard. I've haven't been able to race it since then because there was always something else going on. With the training I've been doing at the gym, my lungs are in pretty good shape. If I can get the legs to catch up, I should do well, at least by my standards. There is also a two mile race walk the day before the bike race that I want to do. I haven't done any serious walking yet this year, so I'll have to see if I can get enough training in to make it worth my while. Finding the time to train for one is going to be difficult enough but for two different types of events might be more than I can handle. Plus I'm going to be working the Blacksmith Shop at the County Fair next week. One nice thing about my athletic events though, when you have reasonable (some would say low) expectations, you can't be too disappointed with the outcome.

4 comments:

leroy99 said...

Keep you expectations low and you will never be disapointed! Stole the words right out of my mouth!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Why raise the bar when you can tunnel under?

cuzzin ricky said...

i have a question about the bike race. will you be riding with an outfit like that? if so maybe i should start training to do to you what you told me to doto you if you ever showed up looking like that! cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Don't worry about that sore knee being able to kick that high. You know I'm not a spandex kind of guy. I do like the guy having a mustache that matches his handlebars,though.