Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Zippy




















Doug Stowe at the Wisdom of the Hands blog had this posted today. You can't hardly go wrong with Zippy the Pin Head. Of course I could be insulted, I suppose. But if a guy enjoys getting burned and breathing coal smoke just for the fun of it, he probably is a pin head.

I took the day off today to attend a funeral and to take care of some other cemetery related business. The funeral mass was held in a brand new church that was built right behind the old brick church that had fallen into disrepair. I took a look around it while I was there and I'd love to get inside with a view camera and take some shots. Looks pretty rough in there from what I could see through a window but would make some great black and white photos. Bought a new digital camera today, by the way. Looking to do a little more with my photography after the first of the year. I want to do a little more with the digital and film both. It's time to get back in the darkroom.

While I was out, I once again tried to buy a couple of small flange bushings in either nylon or bronze for the steering on the little train. No luck at Menard's or the local hardware store. I really need to just buy a handful of the things and put them in inventory.

No comments: