Thursday, December 30, 2010








Footpegs Are Done













Flex Rod is Almost
Done


















Clutch Hub is Done
















Not Even Close
to Done










I spent all day Tuesday at the gym. Jimmy and I painted from 9:00 in the morning until about 7:30 that night. Jimmy put the second coat on the bottom part of the walls Wednesday morning and we both went back that evening to finish things up. Looks good - I'll post a couple of photos at the DeMotte Boxing Club site after we get everything cleaned up.

I spent the better part of Wednesday at school. The kid with the speeder came in and worked on it a little. He's changing motors in the thing and the new motor has a larger output shaft than the original. I brought some tooling in from home and got him lined up on the lathe. He bored the clutch hub out from 1" to 1-1/8". He farted around on a couple other little things as well, mostly getting himself lined up on the game plan.

I fixed a piece for one of the double end bags at the gym, finished filing the footpegs for the Rickati, filed out the holes to fit the flex rod for the steam engine, cut some trim for a job at the shack, and did a couple of little maintenance chores around the shop. Lots of time to think about my New Year's Resolutions while I was tinkering around. I think I need more of a revolution as opposed to resolution. Or maybe, more resolution instead of making resolutions. However it goes, I just need to keep on the path to finishing things. I've been doing pretty good lately - just can't fall off the wagon.

4 comments:

Surly said...

Yup, we all need more resolve.

cuzzin ricky said...

i don't know about resolve but we'd look like like smart money running down the tracks on one of them speeder cars cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Finish what's started, don't start what you can't finish. For everything you bring home, two things must leave (which means don't be draggin' home any little speeder car). That should be a test of my resolve for the upcoming year.

cuzzin ricky said...

just picture us trying to outrun the coal drag to nipsco what a photo op for surly racing down the track screaming like little girls cuzzin ricky