Friday, December 10, 2010

Pie














"Pie and Coffee is approximately the third best social interaction a man can hope to have with a woman." I'm not sure what's in second place but I'm not going to argue the point.


In addition to the Hoosier Mama Pie Company, I saw a short blurb in Esquire about The Red Truck Bakery making mince meat pies. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought it looked good. They're sold out of them at $26.00 a piece. If you hit the link, you'll see why. The list of ingredients should be enough for the Missus to make something similar. She made me mince meat pie a few years back with real minced meat. Grandma Miller used to make one every Thanksgiving along with her jam cake but she used the mince meat stuff out of the box. It was still darn good. Must have been the buttery flavor Fluffo in the crust.

And this just in (Wednesday at 5:00) - the Missus made a mince meat and a grape pie for the Christmas get together with her crochet group and there was about half the grape and the whole mince meat pie left over. Yippy - Skippy. Home made pie and I'm taking Friday off. Life is good, but it's always better with pie.




2 comments:

tvi said...

HEY "BOB",

BURGERS AND FRIES, AND PIE ALA MODE IF YOU LIKE, SOMETHING LIKE THAT.I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE SECOND THING IS EITHER, BUT COFFEE AND PIE,ESPECIALLY HOMEMADE PIE RANKS RIGHT UP THERE, AND GIVES WHATEVER IS SECOND A RUN FOR IT'S MONEY. I'D STILL LEAVE WHAT'S IN FIRST PLACE THERE!

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

It's a cold nasty day out there today but I've still got a little pie left and the fireplace's going. Nice and cozy for "me and my gal".