Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where Do They Come From?

I was reading Grumpy Unk's blog as I normally do, and he posted a bit Friday about how people come to his site. The search that led them to his site was pretty funny and got me to wondering if anyone actually reads this one of mine other than the few hardcore friends and family members that I'm aware of. Turns out, quite a few more than I thought and from all over the world.

Looking at the "Stats", last week there were fifteen Pageviews on the subject of railbikes, ten on the apple grinder and six each on Planet Junior and Oxy-Acetylene torch. The page views came from a search of some sort and from all over the world - Germany, France, Indonesia, South America and South Korea, as well as the USA. I didn't bother cross checking to see who was looking for what but it's pretty interesting that someone from both Argentina and Australia happened across Shop Teacher Bob. It's too bad my chest is still bothering me, I could make my railbike trip I was planning and post that. When Andy was working on his speeder, I met the president of the organization that owns the tracks and he had no objection to me riding the rails. Maybe I could be the number one railbike blogger of the universe!

So if you're looking for a blog that's written with both sentence fragments and run on sentences, fuzzy photographs, and highly opinionated discourse on a variety of topics selected solely because they appeal to me on that particular day, keep reading and thanks. If you're interested in "huge 2 foot turds", check out Unk.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

6' Turds. That's us.
Most of the really weird searches originate in the Far and Middle Eastern countries. Make your own conclusions.

I've been all afternoon looking through the many sites of the Cider dude, Kimball you linked to below.

When is your Italy trip scheduled?
And can you smuggle me a Ducati home?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I've been surprised by a couple of comments I've received as to who reads the blog but I never really think much about the whole thing - just writing for my own enjoyment and a little catharsis.

Middle of March for the trip. It'll take the Powerball win to bring a Ducati home. Moto Guzzi has a nice museum over there I'd like to see. I've been hankerin' for one of those for a while now.