Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Working a Theme



















Since, like a couple of million other people in the Midwest, I'm snowed in and can't do much other than shovel myself out, I figured I'd waste even more time on the computer than I normally do and do a little research for my upcoming trip. So if you're thinking Italy, Sophia's a given. Then there are the scooters, Vespa and Lambretta most notably.

When I was younger, the motorcycle magazines always had a few scooter ads. Vespa used to put out a really nice calender every year as well. Maybe they still do. Most of the ads featured good looking girls or a young man of college age. While the ads didn't appeal to the same group as the Norton or BSA ads, I always thought it would be pretty cool to have one. With the increasing price of gas and the aging population, scooters seem to be experiencing a resurgence. Of course there are many manufacturers of scooters out there - Harley even made the Topper once upon a time - if I was to get one, it would have to be Italian.

(No photo credits, I just put in a search for scooters and snagged the pictures.)


No comments: