Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

We made a lid for a kid's speaker box in the Woodshop on Friday. He brought in the plastic top and the particle board and we cut the middle out and inlet the plastic for him. We had made up a gizmo to fit the bottom of the router for a previous job so it wasn't too difficult.
I made up this shadow box for a few knucklebuster wrenches I picked up at a sale a few years back. The purpose was twofold. One, I wanted to make a frame to see how that was going to go for the boys next job and, two, I wanted to do something with the wrenches. Nothing fancy but it'll look good hanging in the new barn.
I cleaned up and painted the trolley for the beam. It's been sitting around for awhile and was looking a little shabby. Looks pretty good now with a fresh coat of Dollar Store paint.

The boys got most of the miter saw stand/table finished up last Friday so I finished it up and installed it yesterday. I still need a couple of legs on the front for some additional support but no biggy there, just cut a couple of 2x4s and screw them on. I got some more work on the garage door opener done as well. I need to add some bracing to the top of the door according to the door instructions, so I got those made up for both doors. I need to get some hardware and then I can hang the opener. I'll finish up every thing else so it'll be ready to go as soon as I get some power out there. Still need to run some conduit so I can plug it in and a little more for some lights over the saw but the electric is getting close.

I'm off again today, so I'll keep plugging away at things and try to get a some more progress made. Can't beat a four day weekend for getting the projects knocked out.



No comments: