Sunday, February 19, 2012

'67 Sprint

Photo From Here
Saw this cool Guzzi single at Rocket Garage - just gotta love it. However,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Aermacchi-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-250-H-Sprint-100-ALL-ORIGINAL-and-SUPER-Nice-/170749445323?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27c175c4cb#ht_1632wt_1089

if you hit the Ebay link, it'll take you to a like new 1967 Harley Sprint like I used to own (before some SOB stole it - not like I'm bitter or anything. I should be over it in another twenty or thirty years). The thing looks just about perfect. The muffler has been changed and there's an inline fuel filter I can see but other than that it's like new. A little bit of work and you could be the proud owner of a really nice little Harley.
                                                                        This is the one.

Asking price is $4850.00 - more than I want to pay, plus when I called the Missus in to take a look at it (I had it when we started dating)  she gave me the you can't turn back the clock speech. But if any of you ever run across one of these with the serial number 67H-17889, let me know. I might just buy that one.

I hadn't really planned on heading down memory lane again but the Sprint came up while I was doing a little research on Ebay. I got a little book quite a few years back on the Sprints from a buddy of mine. I believe it was written by Syd Lawton, who was a U.K. importer and tuner of the Aermacchis. I retyped the thing and added a few more pages gleaned from the stuff I came across when building my race bike. I had a bunch of them printed up and sold a few but I've still got a bunch left so was thinking of putting them on Ebay and seeing what happened. I've got several other reprints from magazine articles I could throw in with the book as well. I might end up being Shop Teacher Bob, bookseller.

Enough of life in '67. I need to get busy. I'm installing the garage door openers in the barn and we've got company coming.

Ciao

2 comments:

Surly said...

Uh, there's one of those in your garage. Oh, and two of them in the barn. Man, you are getting old.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Not like this one, smart guy. All this one needs is some fresh gas and a carb clean as opposed to a complete restoration. Plus the ones I've got even with a total restoration still wouldn't be an "H" model.

I'm surprised a romantic like you doesn't understand how a man feels about his first love.