Friday, February 24, 2012

Tech Shop

I ran across the Tech Shop, actually I think there are four of them, while looking for some info on metal spinning. Looks like the kind of place I should be employed. Big building loaded with tools and equipment that members have access to. You pay a monthly fee and then get to use the facility and get training as necessary. My kind of gig. Three of them in California and one in Motor City. Looks like they do some cool stuff.

I didn't get a whole lot done at school this week, mostly because I wasn't there. Not a bad thing, really. Got a lot done around the shack, plus I got a few rolls of film developed that I took last September at the Bare Knuckle Boxing Hall of Fame. I took a couple of nighttime shots of the barn and a couple of other places around town and the negatives look pretty good. I'm hoping to get a few prints made this weekend as long as I've got the fixin's for some fresh chemistry. I really like doing the nightime shots. It's a challenge to get the exposure right and the negatives are sometimes a little tough to print but if it works, they look great.
Bracket for CNC controller and headlight ring
Assembled and waiting for new computer
Even though it was a short week, I got the new CNC assembled. There's a water table for it to sit on coming soon but while I'm waiting on that I can get it together and start learning how to program it. I made a little bracket to hang the controller on the wall and we're working on a stand for the plasma power source to get it up off the floor when using it. 

I spot welded the little tabs back on the headlight ring in the photo. It's for a Mustang II - not one of Ford's better ideas. Trading on the success of the real Mustang with a little compact car and then wonder why nobody bought them. One of the teachers here has a Mustang that's a couple of years old. Not only does it look good, it sounds great. It's got some different pipes on it and you can always tell when he pulls into the lot. Real Mustang.

Short week but a busy one. Have a good weekend.

No comments: