Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lost Weekend



I went to Terre Haute with Cuzzin Ricky for a sprint car race last Friday. According to the weather man zero percent chance of rain. My understanding of zero chance of rain means quite simply that it's not going to rain. It damn sure doesn't mean lightning, thunder, wind and rain coming down like Hell wouldn't have it. I'm sure by now you can guess which we ended up with. The van in the photo driving around on the track in the rain probably was a little tip off. Anyway, within a couple of minutes of the finish of qualifying, the rain hit and that was it. Show's over. In addition to the qualifying laps, we did get a chance to see a few warm up laps - long way to drive for not much racing but we've been pretty lucky over the years. We've only been rained out a few times. 

Sunday was prep time for my colonoscopy on Monday. If you've ever had the pleasure of having one of those done, you know I didn't get much of anything else done prior to the exam. Nuff said about that.

Looks like thunderstorms on and off the rest of the week. Hard to schedule anything outside but it'll give me a chance to get into the shop and do a little machine work. I haven't done much in the shop of late. It's about time.


No comments: