Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Update



The Square Foot Garden is starting to pay off. As you can see from the photo, I've got radishes. That one on the left is about the size of a ping pong ball. Surprisingly enough it wasn't pithy when I had it for lunch. Everything else is looking pretty healthy and seems to be growing pretty fast. I'm curious to see how things go when the plants get taller and sunlight will be a little more difficult to get down on to the smaller plants. I did take that into consideration when I was planting but you can only do so much in such a small space.

Summer school started at the college this week. This will be only the second time in all of my years teaching that I've taught summer school. Only two nights per week and a small class. Not too tough and it will pay for my projects and my trip to Europe - which I'm signed up for, by the way. Happy as a clam about that. In fact, just plain tickled pink.


Two nights in Paris, two nights in Florence. Apparently good things do come to those who wait.

Getting caught up around the shack. I've still got a list of things a mile long to get done and I added a puppy fence to the list. I did manage to put a little time in on the VW the other night, however. Nothing much accomplished that's photo worthy but I made a move and that's what counts. Since they're forecasting rain the next couple of days, I'm hoping to get a little more done on the VW and get the swingarm bridge for the 900 tacked on as well. Coincidently, Frankie Flood will be posting some stuff about his bug project. Might be the shot in the arm I need to get me moving on mine.



No comments: