Monday, July 15, 2013

Airin' It Out



Cute little thing, now ain't it. I had to move the teardrop trailer out of the big barn to gain access to some furniture that was stored behind it that will hopefully be sold during the garage sale. As long as I had it out I gave it a good washing and aired it out for awhile. I haven't been camping in it for a couple of years now. That just seems wrong. Now that it's starting to be hot and sticky, might not be the best time to start back up again either. It looks like I'll be teaching just two classes this fall. That's the way things should be. Work two days a week and off five. Especially if I've got five in a row like it's looking right now. Plenty of time for camping when the weather cools down that way.

In the meantime, I'm working on my family history and doing the fetch and carry for the Missus and her garage sale. I really need to contribute some of my junk to the sale but haven't gotten around to much yet.

The family history project has been an on going project for years. When I visited my brothers recently the subject came up so I want to up-date things and then print out some copies for everyone that's interested. Like a lot of other people, I got interested in genealogy when Roots came on television many years ago. I'm glad I started on it when I did before a lot of my older relatives passed away. Probably the best part of all of it was talking to the elders and hearing their stories and the traveling around locating cemeteries. Cuzzin Ricky and I spent a few hours together chasing dead relatives. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning. Not much more to do to finish updating the thing and then I can put another project to bed.



Surly shot me an e-mail with several BSA photos (Sorry, can't give photo credit). The top one has some custom made sidecovers that look really nice. Nothing fancy but look real good with the rest of the bike. The bottom photo is primarily just for the paint scheme. The green with the gray/grey frame looks pretty nice. Unk was thinking either British Racing Green or a dark blue. After seeing the green with the gray frame, I could see that working. Especially with the white along the bottom of the tank.

I haven't made any specific plans for the week. Don't know why I should - never follow through on them anyway. I can plan on cutting more grass sometime in the next few days. Since it's been dry the last few days the grass has slowed down a little but it's looking maybe rain today. All part of part of owning an estate or is that a manor? As long as I've got a British motorcycle on the property, might as well start thinking like the British gentry even though I didn't come across any lords or ladies in the family tree. Maybe some bubble and squeak for dinner then.

Have a good week.


1 comment:

Surly said...

I'm glad you like the green.