Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Got an Extra 100 Grand?



My old dream car - 1962 Jaguar E type


image

The new dream car - 2014 Jaguar F Type


I've always wanted an E Type Jaguar. Maybe British Racing Green or that beautiful silver blue they used to have. Convertible, of course. Abarth exhaust, tonneau cover for the passenger seat, open back driving gloves, silk scarve - you get the picture. Not the type of car you saw school teachers driving around in too often but if I ever had a dream car that was it. Now I think it's time to update the dream - Jaguar F Type. I saw a road test in the Wall Street Journal the other day on this thing and damn, I want one. 495 horsepower and it gets 23 mpg on the highway. As hard as it is to believe, I'd actually save money on gas driving it back and forth to work instead of the pick-up truck.

I did a web search and found several E Types available for around 10 large. Several were cars that had been in a flood. I don't know about British cars but the electrics on their motorcyles were suspect right from the factory - "Why do the British drink warm beer? They have Lucas refrigeration." I supposer a fixer upper Jag would be in the financial ballpark but that's why I bought the Suzuki. I don't need another fixer upper. 100K for a new F Type. I don't see that happening anymore than the E Type did for me back in the '60's but a man can always dream.

1 comment:

tvi said...

HEY BOB, I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO CALL YOU BECAUSE THATAMCA SWAP MEET IS THIS WEEKEND IN OHIO. DREW AND I ARE GOING OUT TOMORROW AND I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU AND MATT MIGHT WANT TO GO. CALL ME AT HOME TONIGHT IF YOU NEED INFO.

TALK TO YOU SOON,
TVI