Monday, July 29, 2013

Update


Got an e-mail from my buddy with the Camaro. The paint work is all finished and he got his new tires and front wheels. Says he still has a little bit to do on the tuning but it's one sweet car. I stopped by his house the other day to check it out. It was still missing a little trim and the final buffing but looked real good. He said he might stop by this weekend. I don't know if he's planning on driving this one down or not. Be nice to go for a ride and see how those dual quads work on the big block.

The Missus' garage sale went well. She sold a bunch of crap, I sold a little and now it's put all the leftovers away and return the borrowed tables, etc. She had beautiful weather for the sale. The temperatures have been fantastic for mid to late July. I've been out already this morning and it's another beautiful one out there. One of those days when it's perfect for working but because it's so nice, who wants to spoil it by working.

My nephew and his sweetie stopped by on Saturday. They're planning a big bicycle trip come next spring so I loaned them my bicycle trailer and panniers. I'm excited for them. I was planning a big motorcycle trip when I was young and about the time I was ready to go, some SOB stole my motorcycle. Couldn't afford a new bike and the trip so that was that. Bought a car and went to work and school, got married, kept working, retired and still haven't taken the trip. Do it while you're young, my friends. However, depending on their route, schedules, weather, etc., maybe I can catch up to them while they're on the road and ride along one day. That'd be cool. 

I've got a few things going this week - doctor and dental appointments, final exams and posting grades. Probably won't get much done other than that but that's OK. There's a little vacation time coming after that. Couple of weeks off and then back to the "grind" of working two days a week. Who ever would have thought that a heart attack would have been such a blessing. I got a call from a friend of mine yesterday. She's looking to do a road run so I need to start training for a 4 miler. It's one of the few local races I've never run. It's kind of funny that a vegan and a vegetarian will be running in the Pork Fest, though. Hope the weather stays cool. 

You all have a good week.

No comments: