Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lightning Strike

1971 BSA Lightning
I headed south Sunday morning for a rendezvous at my sister-in-laws place. There was a doin's down that way on Saturday night but for a couple of reasons, I skipped that and made it in the next morning. I dropped off the pieces I machined up for my youngest brother, who rolled in a little after I did, and then a few of us loaded up the BSA that belonged to my brother that passed away. He wanted Surly and I to have it, so it's now in our possession.

It's a 650 Lightning that's all there and was running when he parked it. The last year it was plated was 2005 so it's been sitting for a while. The gas tank was leaking on it, so he bought the one that you see in the photo as a replacement.  Not sure yet what we're going to do with it but it's definitely going to get done and nicely.



When I got home and checked my e-mail, I found these. My "brother from a different mother" got the cross ram set-up on his Camaro  installed and the painter finished up the ghost flames on the fenders and the new hood. This is one sweet car. The engine has all fresh internals - crank, rods, pistons - and he went through the body a couple of years back with the same attention to detail. I need to swing by his place and check it out up close.

It's raining again this morning. It rained yesterday afternoon. It rained while I was gone. It rained before I left. Getting pretty damned tired of the rain. The Missus says it's my fault. I shouldn't have bought the new motorcycle. She might be right. I got rained on Friday morning coming home from work. Oh well. It'll dry out, turn hot and then I can bitch about that.

Have a good week.


No comments: