Monday, October 14, 2013

Harvest Time


Pretty quiet weekend around the Shop Teacher Bob shack. Farmer Norm's grandson harvested our soybeans. The young man seems to have a pretty good handle on things but he's got some pretty big shoes to fill after Norm's passing. The fields always looks so barren after harvest and it's a sure sign that winter's just around the corner. It also means the Lady Bugs and field mice will be descending upon the house like the plague. Not much I can do about the Lady Bugs but I'll start running the trap line again. The worthless house cat is not long for this world. She can't hardly get around at all, let alone chase mice. The poor thing had a stroke earlier this summer and it's been all down hill since.  


I did make it out into the woodshop Saturday to put the tools away from the dog pen job and I managed to make a quick rack for the bar clamps. Basically it's just a 2x4 fastened to the wall but I did cut the ends back on a 45 so it's not just a 2x4 screwed to the wall. If need be I'll add a knee brace under the middle to keep it from sagging when I have more time to spend out there. I wanted to get things tidied up so I could work on the boat some before it gets cold but it's not looking too promising right now. I'm still spending most of my free time doing household chores or babysitting the dog but the Missus is healing up pretty quickly, however. You can tell the pain is easing up by the way she's getting around and the fact that she's able to sleep better now. Won't be long and it'll be business as usual around here once again. 

Have a good week!



4 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

If you need mousers, there are quite a few spares at my parents house.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I doubt if the one we have lasts much more than a couple of weeks. When she goes I'm sure the Missus will be in the market. I did get my first "pelt" from the trap line today.

Surly said...

Plaque? Is that a French Canadian tooth disease?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

It's the curse of the spellchecker.