Sunday, October 6, 2013

Arm Wrestling

Photo From Here
I took the Missus to the doctor the other day and the news was good, in that no surgery will be required. The bone is broken in two places right at the top of the arm bone, so she's to keep it immobilized but try and work the elbow and wrist joints so they don't freeze up. Looks like a minimum of six weeks of her doing mostly nothing and me doing mostly everything but that's part of the package - in sickness and in health and all that - and as I mentioned in the previous post, the shoe has been on the other foot here. Actually, more like the sling has been on the other arm but you get the picture.

I'm going to try and rig up a dog pen today if it ever stops raining. I was planning on something a little fancier than what's going together now but I need something ASAP so she can let the dog in and out with just one hand while I'm at work. One nice thing about living back off the road - no worries about "curb appeal" - and it'll be handy over the winter.

Not much else on the agenda for at least a few more days while her pain subsides and she becomes a little more ambulatory.


No comments: