Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Indiana Tax Freedom Day

Chart From Here

For those of us in Indiana, today is Tax Freedom Day, meaning from this point in the year forward I'll be working for myself rather than the government. If I was living in Louisiana I would have met my obligations a couple of weeks ago. If I was in Connecticut or New Jersey, I'd still have a couple of weeks to go. Something to think about if one was to consider relocating.

I suppose paying close to one third of your income to the various state, local and federal governments isn't so bad for what you get in return - unless you actually pay attention to where your money goes. It is convenient that Tax Freedom Day so neatly coincides with the IRS tax due day. You can file your return, mail them the check and know that from this point forward you get to keep the rest. Small consolation, perhaps, but consolation just the same.


No comments: