Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Cleaning


Definitely a sign of Spring when the magnolias start to blossom. Beautiful weather over the weekend. I got a lot done around the shack, just nothing much worth an "in depth report". I did carve a path through the back of the shop, filled up a garbage can with junk and made a scrap run that netted me $45.00. I also got the Suzuki out and rode down the road to a former student's house. He picked up an old Husqvarna that someone had used for a rain gauge and was looking for a little advice on getting the thing unstuck. He's been out of school for a while now and is wanting to learn some machining skills, so we talked a little motorcycles and machining.

While perusing the vast World Wide Web I came across this site the other day: http://coopfeathers.blogspot.com/ Chickens and steam trains - how cool is that? There's a video of a pair of Chinese steamers running in Iowa that is definitely worth three minutes of your time. Says there will be an excursion in September. That might be worth a road trip.

My buddy Kevin stopped by the other day and dropped off a copy of his dissertation. Said he came through his defense with flying colors, so he's officially a Ph.D. now. The boy done good.

Three more weeks of school until the end of the semester. Looking forward to vacation. I've got lots to do around here and I'll be teaching two days a week this summer but I should be able to get at least a few motorcycle things done - famous last words.

Have a good week.


2 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Thank you so much for the link - glad you liked the article! Always enjoy having new visitors, please stop by often!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

My pleasure.

I've got a new batch of chicks coming next week and I'm always interested in anything steam powered. While chickens and steam engines would seem to be strange bedfellows, it's nice to see I'm not the only one.