Sunday, April 27, 2014

Speed Bag



I finished up the speed bag platform Saturday. Not real happy with the results, however. The platform and the support are very rigid but when you start working the bag, it seems like the whole barn roof starts shaking which slows the bag down some. It could be the bag, also. Some bags are much quicker than others, even though they are the same size and appearance. I'll use it for a little bit and see if it grows on me. If not, everything is screwed together so it can come down in about two minutes. The framework is made from scrap lumber I had laying around, so even if I toss the whole works, not much loss there. If I decide to keep it, maybe get a little paint on it. I've got a ton of things that need painting around here - might as well start with that. I'll get the double end bag up next and see how that works out. 

Jimmy is going to be closing down the gym for the month of May, so I'd like to be able to have both the speed bag and double end bag at my disposal. I've got a key for the gym still, but if I'm going to be working out by myself, I'd just as soon do it at the house. The handier it is, the more likely it is to get used. 

No comments: