Saturday, September 10, 2016

White Trash


My neighbor and I each have a big blue garbage container that are just about identical except mine says trash in white letters. I get a chuckle every week when I take the garbage down.


I got a new storage cabinet for cheap. It was damaged during shipping so instead of sending it back, it got sent to me. It doesn't look too bad from the front but the sides are dented up a bit. I took the rubber mallet to them and got most of the worst of it taken care of. I also had to weld the top corner where the spot welds had come apart. It's still sprung a bit but the doors open and close, so good enough. Not sure where I'm going to put it yet but the price was right. 

I got a piece welded up for Cuzzin Ricky. The little Chinese guy must have been having a bad day when he welded the part together. He missed putting the shaft for the wheels on a little cart in the middle by about 1/2". That's about all the welding I've done of late. Productivity slipped when the temperatures climbed back into the 90's. The parts for the sidecar should be here either today or Monday, so that should see some production again soon. I stopped back at the bike shop to see what the guy would give me on trade on the Versys. Next to nothing. I also stopped at the Honda shop to see about a NC700X.


They make a couple of versions of this thing. The dealer had one that looked like this one, a 2014, but it was a 2013. It was the dual clutch model and had a sticker of $8,500 but Honda is discounting it $1,500. The same model but a 2016 with conventional trans starts at $7,500. The gas tank is under the seat. What looks like the gas tank is actually a big storage area. It gets the best mileage of any bike in its class. I'd like to ride one and see how it feels. Probably the closest to what I would need if there was any practicality going into the decision making process but practicality has never been associated too closely with motorcycles in this country.

About the only local bike shop I haven't gone into recently is Harley.


I like the looks of the 1200 Custom. It's a little more than I want to spend but we all know how that goes.


I like the 750 Street but if I was to buy a Harley, might have to go "whole Hog", pun intended. Might just stick with what I've got, however. Save some money and use it to finish a couple of the projects. I sho-nuff have the itch for a new one, however. I'd like to take a decent trip one of these days before I get much older. That 1200 Custom would be nice for that. If there was a Moto Guzzi dealer close by I'd look into one of those. Same for Aprilia.


750 Shiver. Buy one of these bad boys just for the cool factor. Windy City Triumph is also a Guzzi and Aprilia dealer and St. Charles isn't that far from the shack. Maybe give them a call and see what they have in stock.


No comments: