I finished making all the bits for the knee braces on the sidecar project. I'm just about ready to unbolt the sidecar frame from the bike, finish installing the bosses that go through the frame tubes and then finish weld the frame. I've still got to make the framework for the windscreen and the handles for the "monkey", but I'm moving forward.
I'm not quite sure what I want to do about the sidecar fender yet. I've seen some rigs with grab handles over the top of the wheel. Some designs incorporate the gas tank behind the sidecar wheel. If I was going full blown racer, I would probably go that route but I don't think that's necessary. I've got a couple of designs I've been kicking around in my mind - maybe draw up a few sketches and see how they look on paper. I've got the material in house now to do most anything I decide on. I ordered the jam nuts for the Heim joints and picked up the proper hardware for the mounts and a stainless nut for the axle, also.
While I was cleaning up in the lab at the college the other day, I saw these in the scrap box - more pipe gizmos to fit the 900. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one more or maybe see about getting on the machine and running one more myself. Might be nice to have an extra set in stock.
The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. I need to pick up the pace a bit to get my fab work done on the sidecar before winter sets in. I'd like to have it all completed, including paint before it gets too cold. I can finish the rest of it over the winter and be ready to go come spring. It'll be October starting tomorrow. I wanted to complete two vehicles this year. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but I have gotten quite a bit done around here.