I got the sidecar frame welded up - good practice for me. It's been a while since I've TIG welded any tubing project. The welds all look acceptable and the frame fit back on the bike after I welded it up - so I've got that going for me. The next step is to weld the bracket for the rear knee brace onto the bike frame. The hardest part about that will be holding it in position while I tack it - that's the trouble with TIG. It takes two hands to weld, so you're always needing a third.
After I get that last bracket welded on I'll see about mounting the windscreen on the front of the sidecar frame. That might be a little tricky the way I'm planning on doing it but I think I can pull it off. I'm still not 100% on what I'm going to do about the grab handles and the fender but I've got a couple of ideas. Time has been a little bit limited the last couple of weeks and will be the next couple as well. We've got some medical things going on with the Missus that require my time, another bike ride, the normal day to day things, plus the grass keeps growing - I don't remember ever cutting this much grass this late in the season. It's October, I'm still cutting grass and the Cubs are still playing baseball. Might want to check and see if there are any pigs flying around the local hog farms.