Sunday, October 16, 2016

Afternoon of Life


I saw this the other day at Coyote Prime/Running 'Cause I Can't Fly. Lots of philosophy stuff there, as well as other items dealing with what's going on in this country and the world today, some of which is pretty scary like the Fukishima updates. 

I would say I'm definitely in the afternoon of my life. When I was in my late morning/early mid-day I took some psychology & philosophy classes and while I studied a bit of C.G. Jung, he never made much sense to me. Now some of it is starting to come into focus, which probably verifies what he's saying above. So now I look at life a bit differently with the Zeigernik Effect also taking on a little more relevance. I seem to be more concerned about the unfinished things than I have been in the past. In a few years it will be time to downsize so I need to start getting rid of things and, of course, it's much easier to get rid of things with wheels if they are operational or at least all together. The list of things that need finishing around the house is shrinking, however. I've gotten quite a bit done this summer. My "punch list" no longer looks like a 15 round main event but more like a prelim, so as I go into the evening of my life I might be able to ride there in/on a vehicle of my own construction.

I guess like most of us old farts I'm becoming a little more philosophical as I age, which is probably a good thing. I'm still developing my skills and looking forward to the future while appreciating what I have, just looking at things from a little bit different point of view. 

No comments: