Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Cadillac Walk & Slant Six Shuffle


I heard this coming home from the gym the other night - my kind of music. The kind of stuff that'll get you moving. And I need to get moving ……


because I've got a truck load of slant six parts. Pretty much everything except the crank. I'll grab that tomorrow. 

The head's been shaved .010" and it's got a three angle valve job. The block has been hot tanked, honed, with new freeze plugs and cam bearings installed. I looked for a serial number on the block but didn't find one. I'll need to figure out exactly what I've got so I can get a gasket set and all the rest of the parts needed to put this thing together. 

I re-welded the head for the engine stand. There was some more slag down in the weld but it would have held. I feel better about it and it looks better now just the same. Not that anyone is going to see it except Surly for now, but maybe later at the auction when all this crap goes down the road. I've got a few parts to make for the lab at the college where I was working. Since I'm still around the school I'm still fixing and making things. Last week it was the ice machine. They're going to miss me when I'm gone.

Still got a few things to do around the house yet and I need to put the Suzuki to bed for the winter but things are going well. I've got a stress coming up real soon and then the follow up with the cardiologist. I've been continuing to work out on a regular basis, so the stress test should go well. I've been checking into a couple of motorcycle adventure tours. I've never done much off-road riding. I'd like to give it a try. Maybe next year. I might have to teach a few more classes to support my travel habit if I'm not careful. But at my age, I can't put it off if I'm going to do it - another reason to stay in shape, by the way. 


No comments: