Monday, October 22, 2018

Crystal Garden


I was cleaning up the shop - something more than just a put the tools away and sweep the floor - and opened up a can of Bondo to see if it was worth saving and found a crystal garden had blossomed in there. I don't know what would have caused that. I remember way, way, back when I made one in Cub Scouts. I can't remember what we used to get the crystals growing but I'm pretty sure it wasn't body filler.


I went ahead and bought the Harbor Freight floor crane - only $99.99 with the coupon - I couldn't make one for that price. In fact, I looked at an engine stand while I was there. Same deal. I couldn't make one for the coupon price, but then I'd have four stands. That's probably the number where I should seek out a support group of some kind for people with an engine stand obsession. In reality I probably should find some support group for people who start projects but never finish them but how will I ever get my projects done if I'm going to meetings?

I did manage to get a lot done over the last few days. The shop is a little more user friendly and I got rid of some crap from both the shop and the big barn. I've still got way too much junk but I did make a dent in it. So there's that. 

No comments: