Sunday, February 3, 2019

Bead Rolling


I got a call from the high school the other day. First of all the instructor said the part I worked on for him worked out well, then he asked about stiffening up some aluminum sheets on the second car the students are building. He was talking about punching some holes and then bell mouthing the holes. I told him I had the tools for that and a bead roller as well, and as you can see in the photo, they decided to bead roll the sheets. After I dropped the tools off the next day, he called me up later that evening and asked if I would be interested in going with them to the competition if they get the second car finished in time. 

The competition will be in California, which just happens to be one of the three states I need to complete my quest to hit all fifty. I'm supposed to be working then, however, and would have to miss three nights of classes. I'm going into the college this week for a couple of things, so I'll run it by my boss and see what he says about me taking time off. One of my main reasons for retiring was to be able to travel and do this sort of thing. I agreed to teach the class mostly as a favor to him and don't want to leave him short, but I think this could be fun. 

No comments: