Wednesday, April 17, 2019

New Tools and Old Cathedral


I'm sure most everyone has heard about the horrible fire at Notre Dame in Paris. Not much I can add to the story except I'm glad I got to go there five years ago and there hasn't been much said about the cause of the fire as of yet. Apparently there has been a bunch of churches vandalized in France of late and there was restoration work going on at the cathedral. So it could have been arson or it could have been the dreaded "welder's torch" responsible. I suppose there could be other explanations as well but it's really hard to know what to believe in the media these days. Damn shame, regardless of the cause. Just might be the finest example of a Gothic style cathedral in the world.


Some of my booty from my trip to Harbor Freight the other day. The angle grinder was on sale for $9.99. Probably won't last long in any kind of regular service but I'm planning on mounting a wire wheel on it so it won't see a lot of hard service. The ear muffs and the socket set are to replace some tools I took to my new job. I've got plenty of tools at the house but I work out of three different locations depending on what I'm trying to accomplish. I have a nice little socket set I keep down the basement that I took to work, and of course I needed it at home the other day. The Harbor Freight set has 1/2" and 3/8" ratchets, metric and standard sockets, including spark plug wrenches and it was only $9.99 as well. The ear muffs were $2.99 so everything in the photo came to less than $25.00. I now have most everything I think I'll need for the new job and I've got things back as I like them at home again. Now I just need to get busy again.

No comments: