Monday, April 1, 2019

Superbike Sunday on Monday

Did a little work in the shop yesterday - finished machining the little piece to mount the pannier on the other side of the Himalayan. I also cut out a piece of aluminum to back up the license plate on Cuzzin Ricky's trailer. The plate only bolts on using the bottom two bolts so the plate vibrated, cracked and then fell off. With the back up plate mounted, I imagine the bracket it bolts to will fail next. As long as he catches it before total failure I can make something a bit stouter. Or he should just plan on bringing it over here before it fails and stiffen it up first.

I heading to Sonoma Raceway this coming week. It used to be called Sears Point back in the day when I was tuned in to Superbike racing. This photo shows the podium finishers at Pocono. L-R: Pridmore, Duhamel, Wilvert. Hurley Wilvert didn't have a terribly distinguished career as a racer but he was a racer. He finished third in the '74 Daytona 200 behind Agostini and Roberts. That's definitely saying something about his talent. He passed away last August as the result of an accident at the age of 74.

Anyway, I'll be hanging out at Sonoma Raceway this coming week. Same place they used to run Superbikes and Trans-Am cars that I used to read about in the magazines and occasionally get to watch on television. And this will make state number 48. Only two more and I'll have been in all 50.

I'll finish packing and take the Missus to the dentist today and then off we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reg Pridmore is one of my heroes.

=TW=

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I was fortunate to sit next to him at the AHRMA banquet years back. I was planning on building a sidecar racer and he gave me a few tips and told me to contact him if I needed any advice. Nice guy and one great racer.