Sunday, June 16, 2019

Wyandottes


The chickens seem to be adjusting to their new home. They still run for cover when I open the door to the coop but it shouldn't be long until they are feeling at home. These are Silver Lace Wyandottes. They're a pretty hardy breed that tolerate cold better than many of the breeds and will lay regularly through out the winter. Not that that's all that important to me. We don't use very many eggs but I like having the chickens around. In fact, it would be more economical to just buy eggs rather than keeping a small flock but if you live in the country, chickens are almost de rigueur.


Knocked out another welding job at work the other day. The boss bought another welding machine - got a good deal on a used Miller stick welder. Made the job go a lot better than the old buzz box I used on the trailer job. This one is a rack for softener salt - pallet down below and one on top. I made it out of some left over rack parts that he had. He's got a couple more welding jobs lined up for me. I'm not sure when I'll get on those. I jump around from job to job there about like I do at home. It does keep it interesting.

No comments: