Sunday, June 30, 2019

Summer Time - Finally



I heard a bit of this the other day while pulling my truck out of the garage so I could move the bike out. I had the damn song stuck in my head the rest of the day and if you click on it, so will you!


Billy Holiday sings Summertime - if your Daddy's rich and your Mamma's good lookin'.


Probably my favorite summer time song - Mungo Jerry. I've been listening to this song since 1972 and still haven't figured out all the lyrics.


First time all year I've hung any clothes out to dry. I usually hang my work/work out clothes on the line all summer. Seems like I haven't been able to do that this year due to the weather. I might have been able to get a few loads out there if I absolutely had to but the convenience of the dryer is a lot easier than dodging rain drops. In fact, I had to take this load down a little earlier than I expected due to the skies clouding up and the threat of a storm coming in. Which it did, of course.

I mowed the yard front and back, had the clothes hanging out to dry and was planning on going back out to do some more outside stuff after a bit of a late lunch, but since it looked like it might storm, I bailed and stayed in after taking the clothes off the line and tending the chickens. I'm not sure what the temperature was but had to be about 90. Not as bad as some of the temps they're having in Europe these days. I read it hit a record 114 someplace in France the other day.

I bought a new gas can and mixed up some two-cycle fuel for the motorbike I finished up last year. The grandsons will be back this week and we're going to see about getting it running. The younger one was eyeballing the little Harley Rapido the other day. We might have to get that one running after the motorbike. Last time I looked at it I was fiddling with the air cleaner and housing. I don't recall if I got the housing repaired or not but I did locate an air cleaner for it. As long as the boys keep coming down, I might actually get a few projects finished.

Rapido as seen at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA
Took the Himalayan out the other day and put about 50 miles on it. Seems to run and idle a bit better now. It's fun to ride on the back roads and in town but it's turning about 4500 rpm while running at 55 mph. I'm not planning on doing any long range touring - certainly no high speed touring - so it should suit me just fine.

No comments: