Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Learn Something New Every Day


I had to replace the fan motor on the exhaust fan in the bathroom. I couldn't find a direct replacement but found one that I figured I could make work. After modifying it to work on my application I found out that it ran in the wrong direction. Since there's only the two of us in the house and we've been married 48 years, I didn't figure leaving the door ajar while showering was going to be much of an issue. Not the best solution, certainly, but since I couldn't find the correct fan I figured that would have to do for a while. However, while talking to one of the guys at work on our lunch break, he said those shaded pole motors could usually be reversed easily and told me to bring it in. Sure enough, he flipped part of the motor over and had it spinning the correct direction in less than five minutes.

Always more to learn.

No comments: