Monday, July 15, 2019

Tough Guys - At least Two Out of Three


That's definitely not me. I'm not a fan of treadmills, exercise bikes or trainers. I've got a 5K coming up this weekend and between the rain, heat and lack of motivation, I've hardly trained at all. I have gotten my weight in pretty good shape. I'm down under 180 which isn't too far off my "fighting weight." I weighed 165 pounds when I graduated from high school and 165 as well when I got married a few years later. At one time I was up over 200, so the belly has gotten smaller but I've lost some muscle mass over the years, as most of us old guys have due to sarcopenia. I'd like to lose a few more pounds and get some of the muscle back. I get a good work out at the boxing gym and riding my bike but I still need to do some weight training for the upper body. It's not like I don't have the time.

I saw Charles Bronson in an episode of the Roy Rogers Show last week. He was 32 years old at the time and still going by the name of Buchinsky. He was playing a boxer and he looked like a real, deal tough guy.


I'm thinking I need to channel this guy and start lifting some heavy things on a regular basis.