Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sandblaster Works



Cast iron floor register frame I'm planning on making a picture frame out of. I had sandblasted the flip side before I worked on the sandblast cabinet which is what prompted me to finally get around to modifying the cabinet. The back side of the frame cleaned up in no time with the new set-up. I should have modified it right after I bought it.

Made a couple of little brackets for work. These are prototypes/proof of concept things for repairing some of the plastic parts in the machines. They've got some other parts that break that they haven't been able to glue successfully. I'm going to look into welding them. I don't know too much about the plastic welding process but I did have a motorcycle part repaired that way a while back. If it works I'm going to look like a hero and the company will save a bunch of money. With a little bit of luck, some of that might find its way onto my check.

Bought some material to build my motorcycle carrier for the back of the truck. I should be able to bring the cost in under $200.00 including a set of lights. I'm working on a winch mount for work that will fit in a receiver type hitch, so I'll drill both of the square tube inserts at the same time. I'm trying to get a few other odds and ends finished up before it gets too cold as well. We had a light frost the other night so it won't be long and it'll be winter. Hate to see that happen but time waits for no man and all that. I didn't get all that much done on the projects this summer but I did have a pretty good summer.

Happy birthday to Surly. Proud to call him my son!

No comments: