Sunday, April 21, 2024

Bit O' Funk

 


Not the kind of music I normally listen to, but I sure could. 

While I was out in the shop the other day the radio had an announcement about a ham radio prep class that was starting on Saturday. I looked it up on their website after getting back in the house for the details and I decided I was never going to get a better opportunity to get my license than this deal. Four Saturday mornings for the prep, exam on the fifth. Classes held only 20 miles away as well. So I showed up yesterday morning, and I'm on my way to having a ham radio license. 


Later in the day, Coach Jen, myself and another guy from the gym headed to Indy for the fights. The guy in the white trunks is Johnny "Ironsides" Morrison who boxed out of our gym as an amateur and is now undefeated as a pro after four bouts. The three of us had a good time. The fights started early enough that we could stop on the way home at Nine Irish Brothers.


I broke training and had Bangers & Mash and washed it down with a half and half class of Guiness and Yuengling. Pretty heavy meal for so late in the day but it was tasty and I brought half of it home. I've been wanting to go to this place for quite a while, glad we could get there. Damn good day for me. 

No comments: