Saturday, April 13, 2024

Unsolicited Magazines

 


Since I started Social Security, I also started getting unsolicited magazines in the mail. I'm assuming the feds sell the list to magazine publishers like they do to the Medicare insurance companies. The subscription prices of the magazines are usually rock bottom but other than Motor Trend, I've never received one I was interested in subscribing to or even reading for free. Case in point: GQ. First of all, my clothing expenditures probably average less than $200.00 per year. I splurged on the Raleigh bicycle jersey, but that will probably be the extent of my clothing purchases for the year, so I'm still under budget. Secondly, I didn't recognize any of the names on the cover with the exception of Lewis Hamilton. 

The fashions displayed in the magazine are not what the well-dressed welder would be wearing, either in the shop or when putting on the dog. I certainly would have been over-dressed had I showed up at the boxing matches Thursday night in one of those outfits. I do plan on reading the article about Lewis Hamilton. As a seven-time world F-1 champion, might make for interesting reading. Probably won't address much of his racing exploits, though.

No comments: