Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Things of Beauty


Beautiful day yesterday - couldn't ask for better weather if you wanted to view an eclipse. The Missus and I sat on the front porch, swapped the welding helmet back and forth between us and enjoyed the afternoon. While we weren't in the exact path to get 100% totality, it was at least 80%.


One of the TIG welds on the handle extension for the CSA cart. Nothing to this job. My biggest concern was the effect pulling on the handle of the bender was going to have on my chest. Surprisingly enough, I bent the handle pieces Saturday morning, then did poop patrol, and after that picked up a bunch of sticks in the yard so the grandson could mow. I spent a lot of time moving around and bending over but my chest didn't hurt Saturday evening. I didn't do much Sunday, mostly due to the weather, but I was out tinkering yesterday and felt good all day. Felt good to feel good.


Today's supposed to be a nice day again, and since I'm feeling pretty healthy, I'm going to hang a light in the wood shop and grind the tool bit for the spline on the shift lever. Don't know how the job is going to turn out, but I want to get that bike done and then get back on the jitney project. I've got plenty to do on that one that doesn't require heavy lifting, but if I need some help, I can have the grandson give me a hand when he comes to mow. 

No comments: