Monday, April 1, 2024

I Remember You

 


And I remember this one from Frank Ifield back in the day. I don't remember hearing any other of his recordings on the radio, however. 


I never would have guessed after hearing I Remember You that he was a kick-ass yodeler but that's just one more gap in my upbringing. In my defense, however, your musical choices were pretty limited back when I was growing up. There was some country music to be had out of Chicago on both the radio and television. My dad wasn't a big fan and rock and roll was happening on both of the two big AM stations, so that's where I was tuned in most of the time. DJ's Clark Weber and Dick Biondi the two big names in the market probably never played a yodel during their entire careers. If I'm going to be on light duty for a while yet, I might wish to work on learning how to yodel as well as learning some more Italian.

------------------------------------------------------------

We had lovely weather for Easter yesterday - warm and sunny. Surly was kind enough to come down and get the raccoon in the live trap down out of the shop attic for me. I didn't think that was going to be good for me, especially since I over did it a bit Saturday. Not the usual Easter Sunday gathering, but I didn't celebrate the Transgender Day of Visibility either. 

I don't normally get too wound up over politics and I normally steer clear of religion here but for Slo-Joe to declare Easter Sunday as the day to recognize transgenders is just too much for me. For a guy who is supposed to be a devout Catholic, this is way out there in left field. Apparently, nothing is sacred anymore. 

Hoping to get out in the shop today and do a little something. Maybe a couple of little somethings.

No comments: