Tuesday, September 24, 2024

That's the News

 


"Politicians do the talkin', the young men pay the dues"

It just keeps crazier and crazier here in the good ole US of A. I couldn't tell you who's in charge these days. We supposedly have a president but I'm pretty sure he was elected only because of some serious hanky-panky with the vote counting, and now it's common knowledge that he doesn't know if his ass is punched or bored. We have a "Border Czar" that's never been to the border and she's now the candidate to replace Slo-Joe without so much as receiving a single vote or delegate. Dr. Jill Biden is now sitting in on Cabinet meetings, so who actually is running the country? 

The swamp rats haven't been able to deter Trump, in spite of impeachments, lawsuits, criminal charges, and assassination attempts. I admire his tenacity and if he gets elected, I hope he's able to clean house of at least some of the major liars and crooks. However, I don't think there's any one person who can straighten the country out at this point. There's an end to every empire and I think our time has come.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I sent my watch back to Seiko to get it fixed properly. It hasn't worked since I got it back from being "repaired". One year warranty on the repair, however. We'll see how that works out.

I ordered a couple of books from the ARRL using the coupon I received at the local Hamfest. Most importantly is the study guide for my General class license. They should be here in a week or so.

Lots to do around the outside of the shack - need to cut and split some firewood, trim more brush and get some grass growing where the trees were taken down. And the shop and barn cleanup is still ongoing. Ain't no rest for the wicked. 




No comments: