Monday, September 30, 2024

Car Show

 Went to the car show on Saturday morning. The Prez asked us to be there at 8:00 but the show didn't actually start until 10:00, so there was some down time after getting things set up. There's a walking trail in the park next to the community center, so I made three laps around during the lull. The weather was looking pretty iffy the whole time, though.





The Missus had a white Mustang similar to the one in the photo when we first got married. We were living in an upstairs apartment and the guy in the downstairs apartment had his company car parked in the street in front of the apartment one night with the Missus parked right behind him. Some drunk came down the street, got up on the sidewalk and then came down just in time to hit her Mustang in the ass end and push it into the car ahead of hers hard enough to wreck both ends with enough force to total it out. It wasn't anything fancy - three speed, six cylinder - but low mileage and dependable. 

Only a few cars showed up Saturday, unfortunately, due to the threat of rain. I did get a few drops at my place after I got home. There were enough club members to see that things went smoothly, and like most all clubs, the core group was there in force. I didn't need to do much, but I did my share at least. The club has been most helpful getting me going in the hobby, glad I can pay that back some. 

I tried welding some aluminum with the new welder when I got home but wasn't having a bit of success. I was talking to Surly about it, he put in a search on his phone and came up with a video within about two minutes dealing with the exact problem. It appears as if the point gap on the high frequency generator needs to be adjusted. The video gives pretty clear instructions on how to adjust it and it looks fairly simple. So that'll be next on the fix-it list. 

Surly came down yesterday morning and we worked in the barn for a couple of hours and then it was off to a birthday party for Cuzzin Ricky. More clean-up on the agenda this week, plus a little fabricating - no aluminum welding until I work on the welder, however. 

No comments: