Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Welding Job

 


Shop Teacher Bob doing a little TIG with the new welding machine. I need to address the high frequency issue and then spend some time twisting the dials to get comfortable with it. In the photo I'm welding a loop onto a "lat" pull down bar for Surly we made from a piece of heavy-wall pipe that was among the pile of stock that was languishing in a corner because "I might be able to use that for something." And we did!

We've got another piece of equipment to make for his home gym. The plan is to have the grandson do the welding and to be involved in the fabricating end of it as well. I also hope to involve him on a couple of other pieces of training equipment for Coach Jen's new facility. She'll be doing personal training and some boxing coaching that I'll be involved in as well.

No comments: