Saturday, October 5, 2024

Hard Times

 


Just gettin' through the day is tough enough for many people these days. It's going to take a lot to get through the hard times for those affected by the hurricane. I do know mountain people are strong, though. They'll make it back but it sure as hell won't be easy. Especially since there will be something else that will come up in the news cycle and we won't hear any more about their problems in another week or so. I for one won't forget about the lack of help from Washington and I'm sure they won't either, however.


I've seen lots of photos of the flooding and damage, but that little girl and her puppy just broke my heart. Of course, the bottom half just added insult to injury.

I've a couple of questions now: 

How devastating has the loss of livestock been, including wildlife and domestic animals?  

What are they going to do with all that debris?

What's the real body count? 

And a general question. If you have prepared and stocked up on extra food, water, etc., what can you do to keep it safe if your house floats away or is destroyed by a tornado or fire? Seems to me the only good option is to have a secure secondary storage facility. "Two is one and one is none."

No comments: