Sunday, October 6, 2024

My Hero

 


The Missus and I were discussing the hurricane damage and the federal response a few days ago and I asked her if she had heard anything about Dolly Parton. I didn't believe she'd sit this one out. And then, I hear the tapped-out FEMA is going to give the hurricane victims $750 and Dolly is donating $2,000,000. That's right, six zeros in the number - 2 million American dollars. Man, I love that woman. She ranks right up there with Mother Teresa in my book. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I was getting ready to unroll the welding cables and looked down at the floor and saw this bad boy. I'm glad it wasn't in my welding helmet. I'd of pissed my pants.


Some kind of squat contraption for muscle building. Surly's design and machine work on the pipe couplings, I cut a couple of pieces and drilled a couple of holes, and the grandson did all the welding. The kid enjoys welding and has an aptitude for it. His younger brother is looking at carpentry as a trade. It's nice that both of them seem to be on a decent career path. We definitely need more tradesmen these days.

2 comments:

Surly said...

I'll get it all gussied up with some paint and you can post the final result.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Sounds good