Monday, May 6, 2019

Beautiful Weather - Finally!



Beautiful spring day yesterday. Plenty of sunshine, nice warm temperatures, slight breeze. Perfect.

I spent most of the day just picking things off the to-do list. Planted my pepper plants, went up on the roof to check on the flashing around the chimney and tar anything that looked a bit questionable. Got the road bike out, aired up the tires and took it for a little spin. Picked up some sticks under the willow tree that prevented me from mowing that area the other day.


Finished the mechanic's stool that I made in the Fab class recently. I've got two of these here at the house, so this one's going to the new job. I painted it on Saturday and put the seat and tray on yesterday. They're made from scrap lumber I had laying around. I put a coat of varnish on the seat just because. Looks pretty sexy and the total cost was less than ten bucks.

Not sure what's next on the agenda but I'll get going on something today. I've got to take the dog to the vet this afternoon and I've got a couple other errands to run but this nice weather has me raring to go. Looks like it might rain on my parade again this week though. The long range forecast says another good weekend coming up, though. I'll take it.


No comments: