Friday, May 10, 2019

I'm Bringing Home Good News


That's it - all she wrote. My teaching career is over so I'm bringing home good news. Forty-three years total. Thirty-six at the high school and seven at the college. I shouldn't have gone back this year because my heart really wasn't in it, but the boss was in a bind and he's been good to me. He's going to miss me when I'm gone but he's had an extra year to find someone to take my place. It wouldn't have been so bad except another guy left last minute before the semester started last fall. If that hadn't occurred, I'd have stayed home.

So I'm retired again but still working. I'll see how the new job pans out now that it's the only obligation I have. If it gets to be a pain in the ass, I'll drag up and that'll be the end of it. For now, though, just glad to be out from under the teaching gig.

2 comments:

Kevin Kaluf said...

Congratulations! You have left an incredible legacy of teaching and learning with students, colleagues and friends over the course of all those years that few people in the future will be able to match. You have made us all much better people having known you - I personally have been blessed with your mentor-ship and our friendship! Congratulations again!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks Kevin - it's been a good run. As you know, teaching can be a rewarding career and it's possible to make a difference in people's lives. And you get to meet some great people and develop life-long friendships, such as ours. However, it's time to move on and get some other things accomplished while I'm still healthy enough.