Wednesday, May 29, 2019

This & That



I posted a quick thing on the Zeigarnik Effect once before. I'm surprised I even remembered it when I came across this here. If you follow the link back there's a more in depth explanation that's pretty interesting. I can say with all sincerity that these constant reminders my mind sends me to finish tasks can be pretty damn annoying, however. My mind sends me reminders to finish things while also talking me into starting something new. I wish we could all agree. It's a bit stressful at times.

I came across a video showing a ball turret with a pair of 50 cal. machine guns mounted up that looked mighty fun. You can crawl inside and shoot up a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo in a matter of a few seconds. The same outfit has a bomber camp as well. It all looks like fun - expensive - but fun.


No Zeigarnik Effect here. I mounted up my new case guards on the Himalayan last evening. Pretty straight forward. They bolt to the top engine mounting bolt and into a threaded boss on the frame tubes. The bolts for the bottom mounting came with them. There weren't any lock washers so I put some Locktite on them. I also put a little never-seize on the engine mounting bolt since it's steel and it passes through the aluminum engine. Cheap insurance on being able to remove it in the future if need be.

I managed to get the lawn mowed yesterday. That's usually not much to brag about but this year if you can fit mowing into your schedule when it's not raining, you're doing pretty good. I got sprinkled on a bit while mowing, it rained harder later in the afternoon and then again about 10:30-11:00. And they're still talking rain for the next couple of days. There were also some tornadoes not too far from us Monday. Crazy stuff. I'm hoping for a decent weekend - got things to do and places to go.

No comments: