Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Shift Lever Beginning

 


I milled the sides of the aluminum pieces yesterday. It wouldn't have been necessary if I had a piece of 3/4 x 1 flat bar, but my supply of aluminum shapes is quite limited and there's no place locally that offers much of a selection, either. Shipping costs on the two places I normally order from off the internet have increased, so I've got about an hour of labor, cutting the parts out, milling the sides, setting up and cleaning the mill when finished. Nothing out of the ordinary when prototyping or making a small qty of an item. I'm never going into production on these, just building myself a bike.

The plates for the dividing head on the rotary table can be seen in the photo. Hopefully the rest of it shows up soon. 

The temperature hit a record high yesterday. 71 degrees.and sunny. Great day to be getting out of the house, running some errands and making some parts with the big shop doors open.

No comments: